Sunday 21 March 2010

Karakuş

It means 'blackbird' in Turkish. These are the types of things I like to know best - little nuggets of knowledge that tumble out unexpectedly and illuminate your day for a moment.


I've found I have a dimple. Just the one, but I discovered it with what I believe to be a similar excitement to those foreigners from Spain first setting foot on the Americas.
Currently, I am reading six books simultaneously. In the past, I could only ever commit to one, but now I dip in and out of different words like an indecisive paddler at the seaside.
I've been listening to The Drums a lot, not the primal kind that keep you up at night, but the happy-go-lucky New York foursome I'll be seeing alongside Florence + The Machine in May.
February seems forever ago, and I'm not very sorry to see it go. The painfully perfect parts, I'll carry into Spring with me. The rest has been leaped over.


"I personally like the adventure of difference. And what's beauty anyway?"
- Dawn French, Dear Fatty

No comments: