Saturday 12 September 2009

Matrimonally Ever After

My parents and maternal grandparents celebrate their wedding anniversaries in a two day succession - the 11th and 12th of September. I hope I am as lucky in life and in love as they have been.





Here are two Celtic wedding blessings, one for each marriage and both for another couple I know who are getting wed in November.


May God be with you and bless you.
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.


May you have -
Walls for the wind
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire.



My grandparents' wedding in 1954

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos and blessings!! I love weddings! So wonderful! :)