Tuesday 1 July 2008

Great Clothes Amongst The Groceries

On my errand run yesterday, I wanted something cool enough to deal with the warm weather but nothing requiring copious amounts of naked flesh. Lucky for me, I got this dress in the sale when mum and I did the big shop at Tesco last week.
However much I might like something I buy, I always feel like I have to justify it by making the most of it, wearing it in the best/numerous ways possible. Despite my aversion to beige and khaki, there's something about safari shorts in the summer; maybe years of pretending to be an intrepid explorer in the woods across the road is taking its toll on my style subconscious. Either way, I nicked my mum's pair to look and see.
The pictures were taken in the wreckage that used to be my parents' bedroom. The decorators are coming tomorrow, so I thought I'd make the most of the carnage as a background.
Isn't the print pretty? We're growing pansies in our garden, but the rabbits keep eating them.
The sandals are also from Tesco, also in the sale. I'm usually not one for snakeskin, even if it's faux, but these were too nice to pass up. They're not restrictive like all the gladiator-style shoes I've seen (good when you've got big feet) but they're still reminiscient of the sandals you'd wear in a sunsoaked ancient land. Just maybe with a toga rather than a Tesco dress and handmedown tights.

As well as exploring the possible look of "Afternoon tea on an African safari", I deconstructed a donated necklace, and made the ring and the bracelet out of some of its remains. I test-wore them, and as much as I like them, I think they're meant to be presents for two of my favourite people.

The moral of this post would be shop at Tesco - however, as I am on my "nothing new" quest, I cannot advocate it. However, perhaps it wouldn't do you any harm to have a quick browse the next time you go to stock up on bread and beans and Ben & Jerry's...

10 comments:

thetinylittlegirl said...

haha, i loved tesco when i visited the uk! you guys have every kind of chocolate bar i can think of in icecream form!

love your outfit, i think the shorts work really well with your tights!

Darling Deer said...

the dresss is lovly,such a pretty pattern.love your tights alsoxx

svenske floyd said...

Lovely dress! I like the khaki too, suits you well I think.

Shen-Shen said...

Hehe, suck it joanna indeed! :P

I love the pattern of that dress :D

Ida said...

The dress is really cute. Did you actually tuck it all in those shorts?

I used to dislike beige for such a long time, but it can look really well when worn right. And you are doing a wonderful job:))

Jordan said...

Yes, Tesco is great!

Syed said...

I love that dress, the print is super!! Yes Tesco is amazing, and they're everywhere!

yiqin; said...

Ohyes, I feel that a piece of clothing is only worth it if it can be worn in many ways!

Kimberley said...

Love the ring.

-SLCsocialite

ROBOTS said...

Hahaha, so fun the first pic!
kss