Tuesday 6 April 2010

Commercielle

I'm sick and tired of beautiful songs being seized upon by television advertisers in order to attempt to make me connote the pretty music with the product they want me to buy, to pretend the company attempting to infiltrate my mind and bank account are just as warm and fuzzy as the melody and the dreamy aesthetics.
I am claiming you back, beautiful songs. You will not make me think of endless capitalist opportunities and how I can get more for my money on my mobile. Instead, I will listen to you whilst writing people real letters, and think of nothing but the bright and breezy buttercup days you were made for.


Allie Moss - Corner


Vashti Bunyan - Diamond Day
(this is, in fact, exactly the kind of buttercup day I will be picturing)



Free Design - Love You

No comments: